Thursday 10 January 2013

The DNA dilemma

        I just realized that the word dilemma is used a lot on this blog. Just an observation. So the DNA dilemma is a Time magazine article about......... A dilemma! The dilemma is, if you can find out what diseases a child will develope within a lifetime, do you tell the parents, and as a parent, if you find out, do you tell the child.
        If I was a doctor, or whomever gives the test, I would tell the parents. Unless knowing would have some sort of negative effect on the family. If i was a parent, If the child had a disease that would develope soon, I would tell them the second I found out. If the disease wasnt going to develope until they were much older I would wait until they were old enough to properly understand the situation. As the child, I would probably just accept it, and try to understand what was going on as best as I could.

       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment