Thursday 26 January 2012

Life in a Day

One day, July 24 2010, the world was doing the same things we do everyday, going to work, getting married, and celebrating life. Only on this particular day 800,000 regular people carried around video cameras and documented the day. All the submissions were sent to Youtube and compiled into a movie that shows every aspect of daily life. Many of the scenes were gory and some were exciting and interesting but the most memorable of these scenes is none of the above. To me the most memorable scene of the movie was a young women getting ready by herself then calling her overseas husband on Skype. The scenes that I found were the most happy were the shortest. They were short clips of people dancing and singing. The scenes I found the saddest were the ones that involved the gory, fighting side of life. Sadly, this negativly horrible side of humanity is the one that I saw the most throughout the film.
Another theme throughout the movie was juxtapositions. The one that I noticed the most was happening during my most remembered scene. During the young woman's morning a voice over played about her husband in Afghanastan. The scene sometimes was punctured with clips showing the good side of Afghanastan.
In all I thought the movie covered a lot. It showed all sides of any situation, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to a friend. It doesn't seem like a movie most of my friends would enjoy, but thier loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment