Wednesday 21 December 2011

Important Scotus Case

In school we have been studying various court cases that have set guidelines for future cases. The one that was most important to me was the Santa Fe Independent School District v. Jane Doe. In 2000 A High School would lead a Christian prayer before a football game. The prayer was optional but a Mormon woman who went by the name Jane Doe took the case to court. She fought hard and won the case in the Supreme Court. The prayer was no longer continued. I believe this is the right decision because no one should feel required to pray. I know it technically was optional but you would feel awkward not praying, surrounded by praying people. This case is important to me because everyone has a different opinion about it , and since you can look at it from so many different angles it's interesting to learn about and debate.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you chose this case. I was actually going to do this case too. But, then i didn't. Anyway, I agree with your opinion. You shouldn't have to feel awkward at a school football game.

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete